Cook (St Paul)
JOB TITLE: Candymaker
REPORTING FUNCTION: Production Supervisor
To work together as a team and be responsible for promoting teamwork, collaboration, and
communication across the organization. Making quality candy products in a food manufacturing
environment following specific recipes. Monitor and cook candy according to the directions.
Clean prep area and cooking area as needed. Ability to follow formal Food Safety and Sanitation
Programs while helping other cooks as needed.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set up equipment and inspect all of your equipment at the beginning of your shift.
• Set up RedZone operator care checks and quality checks and enter action items that need
to be completed.
• Get any rework, oil, salt and ensure your augers are working properly.
• Set up the peanut station.
• Check your chillers.
• Make milk as the business needs necessitate.
• Start Batches.
• Check all pumps and transfer to the appropriate location.
• Set up pressure for the barformers and communicate with the Salted Nut Roll operator.
• Set up, inspect, and fill the peanut station throughout the day to ensure the correct lines
• Follow recipes. Setup, run and maintain your equipment to ensure proper cooking
• Notify the Supervisor or Lead if there are any issues.
• Clean up any spills that occur throughout your shift and keep the floor as dry as possible.
• To perform repetitive lifting of up to 65 pounds.
• To perform duties requiring standing, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling, reaching,
and grabbing on a continuous basis throughout the day.
• To wear appropriate protective equipment while performing duties.
• Practice and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
• To comply with all rules and regulations and to continuously practice safety while
• To develop and maintain positive working relationships as a team with other employees
and other departments as a responsibility in fulfilling all job functions.
• A commitment to quality assurance to ensure we manufacture quality products
manufactured for our customers.
• Ensure that your workspace location is cleaned up prior to the end of your scheduled
• Other duties as assigned.
RELIEF COVERAGE: It is also the responsibility of the relief employee to help on any
machine on the production floor when there is down time doing clean up, working on repacks,
and stickering cases. Communicate with your lead/supervisor if you do not have something to
BACKUP COVERAGE: In the absence of the Caramel Cook the Plant Manager or Production
Superintendent shall be responsible to make provision to cover for the absence with a qualified
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Effective Communication Skills
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment
• Professional appearance and conduct with customers, vendors and other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school education or equivalent.
• Experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably high-speed production line operations.