REPORTING FUNCTION: Production Manager
To work together as a team and be responsible to the Production Manager. The Lead Boiler
operator operates, repairs, maintains, and adjust boilers, turbines, pumps, compressors, water
lines, steam lines, valves, and all related systems and equipment. The Boiler operators completes
tasks throughout the facility that promotes teamwork, respectful behaviors, collaboration, and
communication across the organization.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine
inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as
• Maintain systems by scheduling regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all
other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or
replace malfunctioning components.
• Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking
appropriate steps to suspend operations and repair the problem.
• Perform necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade
components as needed while staying within the budget.
• Supervise Boiler Operator by delegating repair, maintenance and monitoring tasks,
scheduling jobs, providing appropriate instruction, and giving constructive feedback on
• Study to keep current on knowledge of all applicable safety laws and regulations in order
to ensure full compliance at all times.
• Create and enter properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and
• Sustain up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant technology and make
recommendations for overhauls and upgrades.
• To perform duties requiring standing, stooping, bending, pushing, and pulling, reaching,
and grabbing on a continuous basis throughout the day.
• To wear appropriate protective clothing while performing duties.
• To comply with all rules and regulations and ton continuously practice safety while
• Practice and follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
• To perform repetitive lifting of up to 65 pounds.
• To ensure that your work area is cleaned throughout the day end at the end of your
• To develop and maintain positive working relationships as a team with other employees
and other departments as a responsibility in fulfilling all job functions.
• A commitment to quality assurance to ensure we manufacture quality products for our
• Other duties as assigned.
BACKUP COVERAGE In the absence of the Boiler Operator the Plant Manager or Production
Supervisor shall be responsible to make provisions to cover for the absence with a qualified
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Effective Communication Skills
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced, hands-on environment
• Professional appearance and conduct with customers, vendors, and other employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school education or equivalent.
• Experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably high-speed production line operations.
• Must have a valid Minnesota first Class B (or higher) Boiler’s License.
• 3 years of experience maintaining process equipment
• Ability to pass basic electrical, mechanical aptitude and process boiler screening exam.
• Must be experienced in pipe fitting, heating, electrical, plumbing and air systems.
• Able to work with foods including milk, soy, eggs, wheat, peanuts and tree nuts.